Friday, May 25, 2007

List of Jazz Festivals in the Netherlands (summer of) 2007 - updated!!

Okay, I made my share of complaints about this country. and Believe you me, you haven't even seen a tinkle of the whole sea of complaints I had.
Whichever the case, the good thing about the Netherlands, which is not to say is the only good thing, nor is this a characteristic only the Netherlands has.. but forget this not to sidetrack and moving on.. is that it has hell of a lot of festivals.
I mean I don't know all of it but let me just give you a list of some of them.

Jazz *all festival names are linked to their sites!
====================
Meer Jazz Festival - 11th to 13th of May in Hoofddorp Amsterdam.Amsterveen

Jazz in Enkhuizen - 11 to 13 of May(in 2007 but 16to 18 in 2008) well Enkhuizen

Breda Jazz Festival
- 17th to 20th of May in Breda

The Hague Jazz "Don't Jazzytate" - 18th and 19th of May in well.. the Hague.

International Jazz Festival in Enschede - 25th to 28th of May - in Enschede - highlight 27th : John Scofield will be preforming.


Jazz in Duketown - 26to 28th of May - in Den Bosch

International Jazz Festival Middelburg -26th to 28th of May - in Middelburg - highlights: 26th 21:30 New Cool Collective

Schelde jazz - 31st of May to the 3rd of June - in Terneuzen

Jazz weekend in Bergen op zoom - 29th of may to the 3rd of June in Bergen op Zoom - highlight: June 2nd 23:00 Rob van de Wouw

Jazz in Antwood - 2nd of June - in Antwood?

North Sea Jazz festival - the biggest festival. 13~15th of July in Rotterdam - highlights- too many but let me just give you some names: Sly and the Family Stone, Roy Hardgrove, Maceo Parker, India Arie, Al Green, Marlena Shaw, Buena Bista Social Club, David Sandborne, the Roots, Marcus Millar, Toots Thielemans, Amy Winehouse, Snoop Dogg, Chick Corea.... and much more(North Sea Jazz line up in added up till the last moments) - I kick myself everytime I think of how I cannot go there. ARGGGG


Zomer Jazz Fiets Tour
- Summer Jazz bike tour - 24th to 26th of August. Groningen.

The Rhine Town Jazz Festival - 6th to 9th September in Wageningen

Eemtown Jazz Festival
- 6th of October in Amersfoort.

========================================
Actually to be honest, this is just some of the numerous jazz festivals.
I cannot list them all, not to mention other music festivals such as
Pink Pop (26th to 28th of May)
Elastiek (25th to 28th of May) - 28th Rob van de Wouw will be preforming from 4:30 pm.
International Gipsy Festival (28th of May)
Festival Mundial (15th to 16th of June)
Roots Festival (16th to 23rd June)
Low Lands Festival (17th to 19th of August)

Just to name a few of the several festivals
but whichever the case, if you want jazz and may I say FREE jazz - I mean as in Gratis- well you know where to go.

For more check out jazz server or this list from jazzfest

No comments: